Sunday, January 3, 2010

2012 - The Movie
















And so I've finally watched this movie that everybody has watched!

Except for the 400,000 who will be saved to propagate our race, this is a really spectacular way to die. Should you die in this manner and then join beings from other worlds in some heaven/hell environment, you sure can brag about your end days. Can you imagine dying togther with some 6 billion other people.

An exciting movie, no doubt. These narrow escapes, several times from explosions/falling buildings/flood waters etc has been used by directors over and over again. I was pretty impressed when I first watched the effects with Pierre Brosnan in Dante's Peak.

The special effects in this movie were massive! In fact, they were so massive that they seemed unreal. I don't mean to say the effects were not good. Just that it seemed unreal in that it ...... well, seemed unreal to me.

Whole cities being washed into the seas, the whole island of Hawaii gone up in flames, continents shifted around. Just too much for my brain, I guess.

I have no particular like/dislike for John Cusack. I do not mind watching him but it is not something I particularly look forward to. I first noticed him in the 1997 film Grosse Pointe Blank. I kinda like him then and also when he was in Con Air with Nicolas Cage in the same year.

There are 2 actresses who look like a younger Demi Moore. One is Jennifer Connelly and the other is Amanda Peet who starred opposite John Cusack in this movie. Here is her looking good.














.
.
.
.
. This other girl was also in the movie. She is called Beatrice Rosen. I have never heard of her before. Just eye candy, guys.








.
.






.
.
. And this of course is Jennifer Connelly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails