Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Silliest Song

I went over to wake somebody up this morning.

I wanted to sing the silliest song that comes to mind and "Boom Bang a Bang" popped up!

This song was done by Lulu in 1969. Tell me if you do not think it has to be really silly.



Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang are songs that you do not want to know too.

And they say the songs nowadays are not like those golden yesteryears!



















Lulu is 61 years old now. Actually in 1967 in the movie To Sir with Love starring Sidney Poitier, she acted and sang the title song. I was real impressed then. I was a teenager and the song was so emotional for me. I fell in love with her then. Those days, I fall in love with all women who sing and especially if they play the guitar as well.

Then came Boom Bang a Bang in 1969. What was she thinking! Would you believe this song won the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest?! What was everybody thinking!

Later she got wiser and this one with Ronan Keating was much much better.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails