Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thinking of Food

I am going to search a bit later to see if there is a song "Thinking of Food".

Incidentally Thinking of You by Katy Perry is a really sad song.

Chinese New Year is around the corner and how can anyone not be surrounded and constantly be offered food in abundance. I am not saying I do not like it. I of course enjoy the CNY treats by Hewlett-Packard and Canon and more to come from the other brands and friends as well.

I am not obese or fat. However I would like to be slimmer, if possible.
.
That brings me to this question on if I should follow the widely brandished around advice. "Eat a big Breakfast!". It is extremely difficult for me to accept the wisdom of this advice.

I know they try to impress you with words like metabolic rates, adrenalin, cortisol, etc. And they try to convince you that being satisfied early in the morning will make you not go hungry easily and therefore overeat later in the day. Also like you may have jump started your metabolism and started to burn calories early or something.

Being a simple person, I am inclined to believe that eating a big meal regardless of the time of the day is bad news, especially a big breakfast. In fact, I think it is kind of silly.

See, breakfast is usually eaten in the morning (duh?) and is usually eaten alone. At this time, you are usually not so hungry if you are not used to eating big. Relatively easy to control the meal size.

Lunch is usually with friends and colleagues and customers. With all these people feeding their faces, and talking and talking, how can you not get carried away.

Dinner is with the family at home usually. No wives or domestic cooks will cook just enough food. See what I mean. Food in abundance again to tempt you no end.
.
Okay, I think fundamentally, this big breakfast thingy is based on a false assumption. That is, it assume that people do not eat or do not eat much when they are not hungry. Do you really think this assumption is true?!

Look at these pictures of your lunches and dinners!






1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails