Saturday, August 9, 2008

Temporary Insanity - 29th Olympiad Opening


I watched the opening ceremony on TV at home last night and I will be damned surprised if anyone at all think that it was not magnificant. Wonderful show! wonderful show! London in 2012 will have quite some standards to live up to.

USD43Billion and a project entrusted to Zhang Yimau. It was impossible to leave my lounge chair during the first hour.
In the end after more than 3 hours with over 10,000 athletes from 204 nations standing together in one place and over 90,000 spectators, I had a momentary insane moment and thought that it was possible that mankind through sports can replace all wars; that it was possible that race, creed, religion, culture and gender can be insignificant.


How silly of me!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails