Sunday, December 6, 2009

(500) Days of Summer


















I chanced upon this movie DVD lying around the house and I've just watched it yesterday.

The lead male was Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Not an exceptionally good looker but some will like him for his boyish looks and ordinariness. (is there such a word?).

You may remember him in the popular mid 90's sit-com TV series 3rd Rock from the Sun as the long hair kid. This photo coming up may jolt your memory a bit.














I can't recognise the female lead Zooey Deschanel at all. Jeradyne mentioned she was in Yes Man.

I still don't get it.

Anyway it seems she is pretty popular for her deadpan looks in movies.








.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Right, back to this movie.
.
It seems that this movie has got 2 nominations lately.
.
I don't quite like this movie though.
.
The first one hour was really boring and I did not see anything new. It was not exceptionally funny, clever nor original. Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Have sex. Girl does not fall in love in return. Boy gets very frustrated. ... you get my drift.
.
Things got a bit more interesting after the first one hour. I especially like the part where you have two composite left right scenes going that has the expectations side and the reality side. Haha.
.
Watch this movie on a rainy afternoon when you have nothing much to do and can't sleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails