Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Reader








.

.

.

.

I finally got to watch The Reader. With so much publicity during the 81st Academy Awards not so long ago where Kate Winslet won the Best Actress Award, you must either have watched this movie and at least know how the story went.

I find this movie to be my best recent movie. It surpasses

Marley and Me. (which Jeradyne likes), I don't remember feeling much joy throughout nor much sadness towards the end when Marley dies. Maybe I am not too much of an animal person.

Changeling. I can't help but feel Angelina Jolie being not so right for this role. I keep imaging her as the femme fatale Tomb Raider.

Yes Man. Jim Carey is the same Jim Carey in almost all the roles he played in all the other comedies.

The role that Kate Winslet played was Hanna Schmitz. Hanna was an illiterate, otherwise normal woman, neither good nor bad, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can so easily feel for Hanna who was so helplessly trapped by circumstances. It is not unlike Changeling except that this movie is better. It is so extremely sad to see her die at 66 years old in the end as it seemed like her only option.

Watch it if you have not.


I like her English accent.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails