Saturday, June 13, 2009

Joe Wong - A Blast from the Past

Joe Wong Kok Keong called me on the phone a week ago.

"Stan my man, what's shakin'?"

This man wanted to register for a email address and wanted to know if hotmail or gmail would be a good bet. After some recommendations from me on a few issues, he said he will wait for his nephew to come back in the evening to set up his connection to the world.

The prehistoric creature had just took a massive leap across the digital divide to become an ordinary person.

2 days ago, i received a text message from him.

'Finally an email. joeyelo@hotmail.com Any mail 4 me ? Haha..'

In the earlier conversation, he mentioned that his present employment required that he would need a email address for communication. You can see that his mail name is Joe Yellow, yellow being wong.

I am going to try to meet up with him for a drink to laugh together with him on his arrival from the past.

For those not entirely in the know, Joe Wong left Canon and became the most well known ex-Canon liquor man. At one time, Jack Daniel's was almost synonymous with Joe Wong. Sometimes he is known as Jau Wong literally meaning the God of Liquor.




At one time, he was close to god.


I wonder what happened to Joanne Lai. Last I heard, she was in New Zealand where Betty Saw Lye Cheng has settled down.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails