Saturday, June 6, 2009

No Place for Old Men

A couple of older people died recently and I was reminded of the 2007 movie No Country for Old Men, a movie I thought was very good and frightening. Scary movie.

You have Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson in it.




So, who died recently?

















72 year old David Carradine was found dead in 'Thailand naked and apparently was fooling around with himself sexually and perhaps a mishap happened.

More news would be coming up on the circumstances of his death in the next few days to come, in your local newspapers.

The Kill Bill films straightaway came to mind when I heard the news, another two seriously violent movies that I enjoyed very much. Both films by award winning genius Quentin Tarantino.



















I’m the very picture of a villain, but sometimes I play the good guy who becomes involved in a fight due to a misunderstanding. When I wear a beard I’m usually the bad guy – all my characters are defeated in the end”.

So said Sek Kin at one time. So sad. He died three days ago at the age of 96. He has done hundreds of movies.

How can anybody above the age of 40(?) not know him. Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon?

Sad to see them go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails