Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bali 18/6-21/6 The Band

I believed I mentioned about CentreStage in an earlier post. The main entrance to the hotel is the main entrance to this dance club.

Let me show you a picture. The nightly shows are open to all and sundry.


















Out of the 3 evenings I spent in Bali, I spent two here.

I do not remember the name of the band. It wasn't awesome. However, they were versatile and I enjoyed the energy the band generated. The lead singer can do various genre and his version of Curt Corbain's "Smells like Teen Spirit" was exhaustingly uplifting. (can't help putting in a oxymoron here.)

There were 2 girls singing lead in turn as well. The slimmer one was always craving for attention. She sort of specializes in numbers by Guns 'n Roses. She did Sweet Child of Mine both nights and they were good. Her problem was her talking too much between songs. I can't make out what she was rambling about and she has a diction problem when she spoke. I think the band is a Filipino band.

From the next 2 pictures, you can see the girls dancing on the bar, climbing down from the 10 feet elevated stage. This they did frequently.










Actually on the last evening, another band took over. As we have to leave for the airport very shortly after they started, we had no chance to see them perform. But the little I heard, I think they were good, possibly even better than the first group.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails