Sunday, July 26, 2009

Steven Wong Retires

Carmen Wong was the best looking person there.









.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It all began when I received a text message from Clara Wong. It seemed like the eldest son and wife of Steven Wong wanted to organise a surprise party to celebrate Steven's retirement.
.
Of course Steven was the first Division Manager in Canon Division when Canon was a Division in Mulpha Trading Sdn Bhd. Later he was the first General Manager in Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd. He was the one instrumental in taking me into Canon/MTSB in 1974. In case you wonder 1974 was after the 2nd World War.
.
In my opinion, if there was a Father of Canon in Malaysia, this dude would be it. Actually Steven is retiring from FotoKem. He left Canon several years ago.
.
Anyway the text message read:
.
Hi, its clara wong here(steven wong). My son is throwing a party 2 SURPRISE steven on his retirement frm 40 over yrs of hardwk. It wud b grt 2 hv u n ur mrs. Joining us. 25 jul sat 7.30pm at Baywatch Dataran Prima PJ jln pju1/42. Tq.
.
This is very touching. If my wife and son were to throw me anything, they may just throw me out of the house.
.
By the way, Mrs Clara Wong, you mentioned and I quote "retirement frm 40 over yrs of hardwk".
.
I have absolutely no doubt that you knew about Steven Wong getting off to go to work diligently for over 40 years.
.
Hard Work? I guess we need to put that to a vote. There were plenty a time when I can see him at work, maybe even pretty worked up. However, there were also quite many occasions that I saw that he was enjoying himself. Others may agree.
.
Hard work for over 40 years? Is that what he told you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails