Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something New 4Me in CSL

Everybody connected with Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd one way or another would know of his Highness LSC.

CSL? wtf is this?

The fish head restaurant that used to be in Jalan Tiga Chan Sow Lin has moved to Jalan 5. If you are not as forgetful as I, you would remembered I did 2 posts on this famous restaurant. Now in this new place, the signboard says CSL.

Almost always the fish head dish of choice for me would be the sauce steamed version. Never fail to satisfy me. I've tried the curry version once. Didn't work for me. They have altogether 5 versions.

Being unusually adventurous last week, I tried the fried version. In Cantonese, it is called hong siew yue tow. For the non Cantonese reader, the fish head is deep fried and then generously bathed in an ingredient filled sauce.

It was lovely. You have roast pork siew yoke, bean curd tow foo, fried bean curd slices foo pei, pork lard chi yow cha and vegetables in the ample sauce. This dish is also sprinkled with fried and spring onions with a lime thrown in. The fish meat was delicious, crispy on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside. At the tail end of the meal, the sauce soaked fish head skin is a delight to savour. I strongly recommend you try this version if you have not, the next time you go there.

I understand Alicia Hooi likes to go places to makan makan as well. "Alicia, have you been here yet?"

The portion is big.




"Andrew Kong, are you listening?"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails