Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bali 18/6-21/6 The Food

I know, I know.

Just when you thought that this Bali nonsense is all finally gone and behind us now, here I have another episode to test your patience.

On my scout's honor, (with my right arm raised in a 90 degree manner with fingers a closed three), I promised that this will be my last report on the said trip.

Meals on board Qatar Airways were passable. Not good, not terrible.

Our first meal in Bali was a dinner. We arrived after night fell and were met at the airport by Wyatt, the guide whom later I thought was an idiot.

He took us to this place called Jimbaran or something for dinner. This is a beach area with sizable waves to watch while you have dinner by the sea. Really, nothing much to look at as night has fallen. We had a grilled Red Snapper and some grilled sotongs. The vegetable dish was fried kangkong. The food was really good. The sweet sour sauce was awesome. The price was also pretty reasonable. Can't remember how much though. This place was called Ocean Blue.






.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
All breakfasts were taken in the hotel. A very good spread and done well. We enjoyed much the variety of breads, and bacon and eggs. By the way, the omelette's were purposely overcooked to suit our taste without our asking. Like foo yong tan, if you know what I mean.
.
Lunch on the 2nd day was in this restaurant buffet fashion at the place where you take pictures with some volcano behind you. The food was just terrible. Really. Either strange tasting or tasteless.
.
We went to some street stalls along the Kuta Beach for our 2nd dinner. We ordered some fried rice, some meat and some vegetables. Again, terrible food.
.
The next day's lunch was McDonald's. Pretty good. No pork burger though.
.
Dinner, we went to this place nestled among the hundreds of bargain shops I mentioned in a earlier post. The place was packed to the brim. Food good. Price reasonable. Name forgot. As I walked away after the dinner down the road a little, some young people came up to me to ask for this restaurant. I asked if they learnt about this place from the Internet and one said yes. No wonder!
.
On the last night, I asked a wonderful staff at the hotel for the place in Jimbaran again. She offered to get somebody from there to come pick us up at the hotel to go there. The journey took about 30 minutes. Another beach, remember? You get a free ride to and fro if you patronize the restaurant.
.
This time the restaurant was called Jimbaran Beach Seafood, I think.
.
We ordered the grilled stuff again. However, I was a little bit more generous and had a lobster as well.
.
The beach face west and this time, night hasn't fallen yet. Wonderful sunset experience. Truly wonderful. See?












































No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails