Saturday, July 11, 2009

Teoh Peng Kee and George Tan

It was a chance meeting.

Early this week, I went to Do Re Mi for lunch. This place is quite near the Canon office. I took the recommended bitter gourd mee. Not awesome. No bad.

Teoh Peng Kee and George Tan came, saw us and joined our table. I met George for the first time. He was my idea of a dream employee. Courteous, Friendly, Helpful and Knowledgeable. One day he may become the CEO/President.

Teoh Peng Kee has been with Canon forever. Most pictures that you see of Canon functions over the many years, maybe 99.99% were taken by him. I would think that it is not a bad idea to have him oversee a compilation of the history of Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd in pictures. This can be on CanonFotoBook. Hard copies to be given out appropriately and a soft version to be on the official Canon website. Another hard copy to be given to me, of course. For my coffee table.














Teoh Peng Kee is a awesome story teller. His gestures, his voice and his body language will have you believe in whatever he choose to tell you. This happens every time when he speaks in Cantonese. It could be the same if he speaks in English or Japanese or Tamil. Just that, I have not have the opportunity to hear him tell his stories in another language yet.

He is as synonymous with the Canon brand of camera as Simon Yam may one day be.

Incidentally, the curry mee in Do Re Mi is good. It is prepared the Ipoh way, with BBQ and Roasted Pork thrown in.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails