Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whitney Houston - I Look To You (Live at Good Morning America ( 01/09/2009 )

















In 1985, when Whitney Housten came out with her first self-titled album, I went to buy it with listening to just a couple of songs then. Just that the reviews were so complimenting. I remembered looking at the album cover and thought "Hey, this album cover isn't so impressive".

It was a music cassette.

Very quickly I got to like her so much and continue to listen to her songs for quite some years. Mind you, I am actually more a song person than a singer person.

She then joined my group of female supersingers including Barbara Streisand and Mariah Carey. (the older Mariah Carey that is, before she started to show her body and sang Touch My Body).
.
Some information on Whitney?

Whitney Elizabeth Houston (born August 9, 1963) is an American recording artist, actress, and former fashion model.

Houston released her debut album Whitney Houston in 1985, which became the best-selling debut album by a female artist. Her second studio album Whitney (1987) became the first album by a female artist to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart.

Following her marriage to fellow singer Bobby Brown, Houston appeared in her first starring role in the feature film The Bodyguard in 1992. The film's original soundtrack won the 1994 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, and became the world's best-selling soundtrack. Its lead single, "I Will Always Love You", became one of the best-selling singles in music history.

Houston is one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 140 million albums and 50 million singles, worldwide. She is ranked as the fourth best-selling female artist in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America, with 54 million certified albums. Known as "The Voice" for her "powerful, penetrating pop-gospel" vocals, she has been listed by Rolling Stone magazine as one of The 100 Greatest Singers of All Time.

Following is the live version on the first hit single of the new album I Look to You.



.
It wasn't very impressive, in my opinion. Probably the recorded version could be different.
.
Her voice is a pale comparision to the one that I used to know. She looked tired and she was overly pathetic.
.
Now watch this one and be impressed.



I consider this to be my all time best female duets.

Don't you love the Whitney Housten and Mariah Carey of yore.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails