Monday, August 24, 2009

Buy Plasma TV instead of LCD?

One of my resellers in Puchong Jaya held a mini weekend sale in conjunction with an electrical retail outlet besides his computer shop over the last 2 days.

My company arranged for a number of Canon facsimile and multi-function machines to be on display hopeful of some sell through's.

I was there on Saturday and was looking at some flat TV panels on display. And I noticed that the plasmas performed rather badly out in the open in view of its reflective mirror like panels. Got me thinking. If I want to buy a flat panel TV today, should I opt for the plasmas or the LCDs?
.
As I am rather lazy today to do much research, I shall try to list out what I know and you tell me if they are wrong or they have changed.
.
Plasmas give you brighter pictures, blacker blacks, wider viewing angles and is cheaper to purchase. Also, plasmas refresh quicker and more suitable for fast action movies and games.

However, plasmas tend to present colors that are gaudy (watch CSI: Miami), consume more electricity (can be 2-3 times more), may have burnt-ins images, a shorter product life with brightness deterioration, and reflective panels when the environment is bright or if you have windows facing the TV.
.
I understand that technology on plasmas have evolved and the downside may not be as pronounced as before. LCDs could also have improved considerably.

Hey guys, which one should I select?

What about this new flat panel product Canon was supposed to launch like 2-4 years ago?
.
.
Watch a movie recently with Mila Kunis in it. Some pictures for you?
.
Yes, she does look Bollywood.
.










2 comments:

DeZemBer said...

Stan...

Firstly, you have had to remove the "nuffnang" thingy for a while! My gut feeling telling me that nuffnang is seriously under DOS attack and it slows down any website linking to their site ;)

As of LCD or Plasma, personally I prefer LCD because it's clearer. But Plasma has been improving since so go and check out both side by side and see which 1 you like ;) It's very subjective.

And most importantly, get the 1 which has at least 5 yrs warranty! Friend of mine need to replace the "panel" just over a year..

CH

stanleycheong said...

thanks for the feedback. I do not know if anybody is giving out a 5 years warranty. But I agree that this is extremely important.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails