Sunday, August 2, 2009

Watchmen

Just watched Watchmen.












I don't get this picture.

I know it has got quite a few great reviews. But I don't like it at all. It has a bunch of supposedly superheroes. Actually there was only one who has superpowers, Dr Manhatten. Well, he can go to Mars and stay there indefinitely. The rest were just fierce kungfu fighting men, who can take heavy physical punishments and don't die.

The story was about these fellows who were around in the 80's in USA and were significant to the country then and offer an alternative history to the current one. In this story, the Americans won the Vietnam War. One of them also managed to avert a nuclear war, although millions were killed to save billions.

Individual characters of these fellows were explored to put in the human emotional factor into them. Malin Ackerman who played Laurie Jupitor had a hot sex scene with Patrick Wilson as Dan.

Yah, like I mentioned earlier, this is not my cup of tea. I can't relate. I can't root for anybody here. I can't say anybody were really hot looking or sexy. The fight sequences were not really original. The story was not unique.

However, the computer generated graphics were awesome though. Good to hear this song again in the movie; "The Times They Are a-Changin'" by Bob Dylan


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails