Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ooi Chik Hoe

One of these two people in the picture is Double01 Chik Hoe. Can't tell them apart. The similarity is uncanny.

Strictly speaking, double01 should not be featured at all. In my twisted, convoluted definition of a CanonMalaysian, it means people who were once in Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd. 001 is curently still in Canon as a Senior Marketing Manager (methinks). He is resposible for the BIS business. BIS, whatever that means, is about copiers and facsimiles.

You see, I have always been afraid that Canon may not like my meddlings and offer me USD3 million to close down this site. You know how awful that can be, right? Everybody knows that large sums of money corrupt and I am too old and simple to think about private jets and houses in Australia like Mr Badawi or was it Muhammadx2?

Although 001 is based in Kuala Lumpur city now, he was actually yanked out from being in charge of the Penang branch. Yes, the state has just conferred a Datukship to its youngest recipient Ms Nicol Ann David. Congratulations! Datuk Nicol. Let's get Datuk Michele together and do lunch soon.

Actually 001 was a small town person from Alor Setar. Remember Teh Su Kheng? I understand he can pu thai, (speak Thai), and really, of what use would that be I wonder. Largely because he was competent and because Khoo Soo Hay was getting quite along, he was promoted to be the branch manager in Penang. He was pretty well known for being extremely hard working and have staff bought back lunches, chap fan, so that he can work through meal times.

Maybe because of that, Liew Sip Chon brought him down to kayel. Where to find such cheap long hours labor. I understand he hasn't kicked this habit yet. Quite some people think he is spoiling the market.

Okay, coming back to this transgression of featuring 001. Last week when I met up with him, he handed me some photos for safekeepings in photobucket/canonmalaysians. I couldn't refuse a good offer. So there you have it, his photos are in his sub-album in www.photobucket/canonmalaysians.com . (Like that, nevermind, give chance and feature him lor.)

You do know the difference between a Datuk and a Dato', right? You can google or better still Blackle. (I am currently supporting Blackle.com and other carbon footprint reductions stuff, hoping that my grandchildren would still have sufficient energy to use in their lifetimes.)

I noticed that Simon Yam Tat Wah was always wearing this red sleeveless T-shirt. Show-off!

Mmmm, by the way, are Simon Wong, a CanonMalaysian and Simon Yam still in cahoots on some business projects?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails