Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button











I've just heard that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button obtained 13 Oscar nominations yesterday. I have watched this movie and was about to give my 2 sens worth. Then ...

With 13 nominations, Benjamin Button falls one short of the record shared by All About Eve (1959) and Titanic. Its nominations included best actor for Pitt, best director for David Fincher, best supporting actress for Taraji P. Henson and best adapted screenplay for Eric Roth and Robin Swicord.

Now I am scared to give my comments.

We now all know that this story is about a person born 80 years old and grew backwards. To quote Pitt's character, "I was born under unusual circumstances". My initial reaction was, "What a crap story".

Because Brad Pitt was in there. And because one of my favorite actresses Cate Blanchett was in there, i watched this incredibly long movie. 166 minutes. Mind you, over 2.5 hours.

Surprise! Surprise! I made it in one sitting.

The movie was superbly well made. The story was told so well that time flew and the pause function on my remote was not used; not even once. The story, the cast, the pace, the anticipation .... It will not be surprising for me if it win more than 5 oscars!


Go watch the movie.


You may remember Cate Blanchett's outstanding performance in "Elizabeth".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails