Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Have You Ever Voted

Last evening as usual, I was having a couple of drinks in a pub. I was in Sava Damasara Uptown with two friends of mine, Chong Shean Nam and Thomas Hwang. We were joined by a Patimas person Eddie a bit later.

After all the usual mindless subjects were discussed, we turned to the subject of our local politics. Like all experts wannabees, we analysed to death our versions of history leading up to the March 8 Tsunami and what happened after that to the Permatang Pauh landslide success of Anwar. We then presented our expert views on oncoming issues and events. We were proud to predict what will happen by September 16, 2008.

We were very impressed with ourselves. It helped greatly when alcohol flows freely through your blood vessels swimming with your abundant cholesterols, the good and bad ones.

I think somebody mentioned too that Anwar has got some good looking daughters.

Then out of the blue, I was presented with this question by Chong Shean Nam, looking at me suspiciously. "Actually have you ever voted", he asked.

I have always known over the last couple of years, this embarassing moment will come. For whatever reasons, it is without a doubt highly irresponsible for me not to have done my civic duty. It is truly inexcusable.

I hereby apologise to all Malaysians and I deserve all brickbats thrown at me.

Hereon, I shall endeavour to vote in all General Elections.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails