Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some Questions from Sunny Ch'ng

If you look at the things on the chatbox on the right, you may notice that Sunny Ch'ng has some questions.

Sunny was with us in the late seventies and early eighties. Sometimes I wonder how I can remember such things when I don't remember important dates like anniversaries, valentines, Jullie's birthdays etc.

Relatively I think Sunny was better educated than most of us and I still remember when he was Jack Lim's blue eye boy. Jack then was our Managing Director. Anyway I too remembered there was a pretty girl named Alice whom he 'kow tim' and married. I remembered as well that there was a jogathon and Alice did pretty well. I think she didn't know then that she was in her early stages of pregnancy with her first child. I hope they have a wonderful life together (Sunny and Alice). Wonder how many children are there?

Sunny's questions: Hey Stanley, do you know whereabout are Michael Kuan, Henry Ong, Simon Teh, Wong Kum Cheong, Esther Law and Daniel Low?

Michael Kuan is as reclusive as the then Howard Hughes. Absolutely no news except that one of his two sons was with Canon doing copier sales some years ago. Michael came down from Penang to head the Typewriter and Calculator Team in the seventies. It was about the time when the Americans were kicked out of Vietnam. He employed Liew Sip Chon.

Henry Ong was a tall fellow who used to beat everybody in table tennis. I used to see him for quite a number of years in shopping malls as he liked to walk around with his wife and young kid. He had a moustache a la the guy in Magnum. I have no chance to bum into him over the last few years although I still frequent the shopping malls.

Simon Tay should still be in New Zealand. He used to conduct the most amazing and interesting product demonstation on Canon Electronic Typewriters. Again, no sound no picture for quite some years.

Esther Law graduated from Universtiy Malaysia and joined us as a Marketing Executive. Straight as a arrow and had always been against my involvement in the 4digits business and Liew Sip Chon strong use of the English language. She fell in love with a colleague and left when it did not work out. I wonder too where is she now.

Went on a trip with Wong Kum Cheong to Haadyai and he met this Thai girl who keep insisting on being bought something and WKC keep explaining to her that he has no money. WKC wasn't lying. It was hilarious.

Daniel Low left Canon and work with Beyen for a while, then went on his own, then disappeared.

I know I wasn't of much help to Sunny Ch'ng. But I can't know everything, can I?




Daniel Low and me 2000 years ago.







Esther Law and me 2000 years ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails