Sunday, June 29, 2008

Albert Leong Kok Keong

Albert Leong has always been unique in a variety of ways.

On the left is a picture I took of him a few days ago at the Curve. He did not look a day older than the last time I saw him 20 years ago! You may think he has less hair now. Not true. Actually he did not have more hair then 20 years ago. You may want to crawl the canonmalaysians gallery in photobucket.com to see for yourself on this phenomenal man.

Albert was our IT guy in Canon long before the Internet was available in this country. He was our professor then. Whatever we needed fixing, he was the MAN. Whatever he cannot fix, we deemed it impossible to fix.

I did not know anything about flexi-hours until I saw him coming in and leaving at all hours of the day, weekdays and weekends.

I was in charge of service revenues at one part of my Canon life and we needed to take meter readings of copiers and deliver toners timely in accordance to usage. We were not supposed to use our technicians for some reasons. I consulted this man. He said he would come back to me.

The next day, he presented a brilliant solution of tying in toner phone requests with simultanous meter readings; permutations of quantity of toner needed to be given; and the invoicing of both meter readings/signed toner receipts with deliveries by our warehouse personnels. We took a big leap in efficiency. (my opinion).

I do not know what sort of prestigious awards he should deserved, but he should deserve at least a prestigious national award. (my opinion)

Fifty years from now, Canon may decide to heap accolades upon this man and award him in some Dinner event. But, fifty years .... . Why not do it next week? Will somebody please speak with Liew Sip Chon?

Albert is now with the Securities Commission and can be contacted. His email address is in the Registry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails