Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Juno

Geraldine, my daughter must have watched this movie 352 times. The DVD is still in the player and she probably hasn't finished with it yet.

I agree with her that this is one of the most watchable movies currently. This happened to be one of the 10 best movies in 2007 according to either Time or Fortune. (I can't remember a lot of things nowadays.)

I strongly recommend you watch this movie.

As I mentioned a little earlier, it's about a 16 year old high school girl who decided to lose her virginity to her boyfriend, doing it on an armchair. She later became pregnant, tried to go for an abortion, changed her mind and decided to have the baby. She put it up for adoption with a couple; the would be mother played by Jennifer Garner. (Alias?)

Juno was played by Ellen Page to perfection. She seemed to me to be so street smart and yet so well balanced in her outlook on life. Made me kind of feel that I too should be so worldly wise.

Do not try to relate to anybody else as the movie centred on just her and her alone. It will take you on a journey of wanton abandonment, a logical follow-up, decisive execution, wise perseverence and eventual revelation and enlightenment.

Whoa, what a mouthful.

Here's being long winded, .. Ellen Page played Juno to perfection.

I don't think you can catch this in your local cinema. I don't think it got passed the local censor board. Be streetsmart and take your sourcing to the streets.

Happy viewing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails