Thursday, June 5, 2008

RM2.70

Petrol price at RM2.70 per liter.

Wah, I couldn't believed it. It took me 45 mins to get from my office in Taman Desa to my outlet in Danau Desa, a mere 1 kilometer away. The problem is that from A to B, there was a petrol station. Two thousand drivers were trying to fill up their tanks before the 12 midnight deadline when the increase was to come about. The road has become two, one way road with both opposing sides converging into the service station's entrance. And I have to get into the station before I can get out the other way. And I have already got a full tank of gas. And as Patrick Teoh puts it, "Niamah!"

It happened last evening at 7 something pm.


Somebody sent this saying this is how her piggy bank looked like after putting gas in her car. lol

Naturally, I wasn't too happy about the increase in gas price as both my company's and personal expenses will certainly be higher.

However, thinking about it a little, there are very little merits in most subsidies while a large part of the world pays market prices. We are surrounded by higher paying countries viz. Thailand, Singapore and Australia noting that the people in the latter two pay close to double our new price currently. Subsidies ultimately reduce our competitiveness. Look at what harm the years of the NEP has done to us.

On a lighter note, this UP UP prices reminded me of a Japanese advertisement. Want to watch? Go click.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails