Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Canon Fotobook Launch - Part 5

There were quite some people I met just before we went in for the dinner proper, not all CanonMalaysians though.

I spoke to the very pleasant and friendly Mable from Compugates a while. Said hi to the elegant Joanne Kong from Ingram Micro and we both wonder where was Carine Chu. Met up with the other Goh fomerly from Compugates and the serious business looking Ooi 'Double 01' Chik Hoe. Well, finally I was told by the ever busy Hong Mee Mee and ever smiling Jeffrey Kung that it was time to go in for makan makan.

Before I made it to my table, I sat down for a while with Lee from Paperline and Kent from news making JW Media. A large part of their business today is transacted through Capital Office Supplies, I heard.

My table was with Richard Yeow and I sat with James of Plot Tech. On my right, again it was Rick Classic Office and Peter MOE, Kuching. Opposite was Alan 1 Recarts.

Nothing wrong with the food. Quite a few dishes were delicious, I remembered.

Canon launched a new series of printers with the predictable array of pretty models; supplied I suspect by Alan Choy, formerly with Canon. He is now the official and legitimate pimp. In my humble opinion, I suspect there may be a better way to present to dinner invitees a new series of printers. People may just only remembered that "yah, last night, Canon unveiled a series of new printers with some long arms, long legs girls". Emphasising on just a few key common features or benefits may trigger higher interest.


Joanne Kam came on to entertain. She was known to be good during her stint with 11 LA firing up Boom Boom Room years ago with her sex laced raunchy jokes. I have not been there although I saw her once briefly performing in a club in Jalan Ampang.

I read in the papers that she has slimmed down quite a bit. My eyesight must have deteriorated as she was still big that night. Would be a bit difficult to imagine her being bigger. She was funny 50% of the time. I suspect she needs new materials judging from her over usage of the "lonkang" line, referring to her cleavage. Her act was not a disaster, though.

She did not get near me, so this shot was from a distance.
















It was good that Liew Sip Chon did not do a duet with her like he did with Ella. No offence to Liew. Just that Joanne is not Ella.

On my way out from the John, I joined Paul and Paul for a chat. Fotokem and Aver Awards. The other director Steven Wong there was the one who took me into Canon end 1974. Canon then was a Division in Guthrie Trading Sdn Bhd and Steven was the Division Manager. I think he can lay claim to being there right from the beginning when we then only have Micrographics, Copiers, Cameras and Calculators. Hong Mee Mee brought me an incentive check also at about that time and promised to have a drink with me but never did.

Back at my table, I remembered asking Rick if he has read what I wrote about him on this blog. He gave me the "bugger, I am so busy nowadays lah, so many things to do" jazz. A few minutes later I overheard him telling two young and pretty girls at the next table. "Call me lah, actually I am quite free one, no worries". Peter overheard that too and can attest. The two nubile looking girls were from ThunderMatch, an IT heavyweight reseller/distributor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails