Sunday, October 26, 2008

MPH Warehouse Sale - A Revelation



Today, after my lunch of Pudu yong tau foo, I went over with Jeradyne to Jalan Bersatu Petaling Jaya as a busybody to the MPH warehouse sale.

Men, women, boys, girls, fat people, thin people, tall ones, short ones, malay malaysians, chinese malaysians, indian malaysians, .. and lots of other normal looking people.

There were 1000 people there, I swear.

And I thought with the internet, computer games, cybercafes, wikipedia, online books, text messagings, instant messagings, mobile novels, facebook, my blog and another one million other distractions, people don't read books.

Boy, was I wrong! What a revelation. They have set up some 12 counters to take away your cash or debit your charge cards. People buy books using supermarket baskets. As I watched, hundreds of books were bought and whisked away; and I wasn't watching all the time.
.
They opened up their warehouse there and it is not smaller than the one Canon has in Glenmarie.










































Actually, a large portion of the buyers were young preteens and teenagers. Quite a bit of the older folks were there to chaperon and pay for the damages incurred.
.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I thought the young ones today speak and write pretty good English as evident by me reading some of their blogs. I wonder no more.

Then I bumped into Lee Tet Lin. Who?
.
A CanonMalaysian who was in the service department during the Stone Age. I think in Canon nowadays, you have a fancy name like market engineering or something. He was attending a church service opposite, I think. (Glad Tidings?). He is currently staying in Kayu Ara, Chua Hock Keat's turf.
.
How does he look like OR How does he look like now? I did not forget to take a snapshot.
.







.

.
.
.

I asked him for one of his business cards.
.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails