Sunday, November 9, 2008

Malaysia International Gourmet Festival-Part2









KC Han said that Rosalind Tan will go to her house and after which she can pick me up in Tropicana Golf and Country Club to drive us all to attend this function.

I couldn't argue with that.

A date with two beautiful and friendly women with one of them driving to attend a high class function in Putrajaya Marriot Hotel where you will have first class international type food and 'a free flow of wine and beer, said Liew Sip Chon'. This function attracts the rich and famous, the bold and the beautiful and maybe even the winners and the sinners.

And the whole evening of having a good time was absolutely free. A dream came true.

The one on the left is Rosalind Tan and the other one is KC Han, both CanonMalaysians of yesterday. The other chick on the far right behind KC Han in white and red, I do not know. Also very attractive.














It actually took us quite a while to get there. KC Han and myself belong to the group of people who can never find places. I haven't as yet got a name for this club which includes others like Pearly Chew and Lim Kok Hin. I remember a time some years ago when Lim Kok Hin took 2 hours to drive from the Canon office to join us in Breakers Ampang. I have a feeling the real reason why Canon offered Kok Hin a position in Singapore was because it is nigh impossible to get lost in Singapore. What with only 22 miles wide and I think 15 miles the other way.

After looking at the glamor girls, I went for a free beer and then started socializing with Liew Sip Chon, Goh Kheng Peow and TC (the missus), Lau Peng Kai and Kuan Cheng. I saw the Canonfoto booth setup.

I freeloaded another beer and then joined everybody into the main hall to where the grubs were. Among the very well dressed people inside, I said hello to fellow CanonMalaysians freeloaders Jack Lim, former Managing Director, Steven Wong, former General Manager and Christie Low, fomer Product Manager. I too met Kelvin Chen and wife Angela Woon fomerly personnel personnel.

Well, they have this band playing in the center all dressed up in cookwear, you know like chefs and cheffresses. Entertaining and lively. Very good.

Rosalind Tan was so caring that evening offering to get food and liquor for me all night. Maybe she was trying to get me drunk or maybe she thought I have already got too old to fend for myself. Nonetheless, I remember thinking that it would be easy to fall in love with a person like that.

KC Han only took half a glass of wine and she looked like she was already stoned. Christie Low hovered around offering a hot black coffee advice. But he did not volunteer to go get one. Actually I could do with a brew like that too.

Then the warlords from the branches. The ever cool and a man of few words Ho Bak Kee. Jonathon Lee of whom I drank with merrily some years ago in East Malaysia. He asked if I remembered him. Francis Kim, the prodigal son originally from Penang; went to Tawau, then Kuantan, then Ipoh. If he work till 62 years old, he will be back to Penang, I am sure.

I do not know Benny Tai very well. But I think I should, remembering that Muhyddin came from there. I was very fortunate to make the aquaintance of Yvonne Cheah. Good to see capable women coming up through glass ceilings.

Some pictures? Thought you never ask.
























Edmund Liew looked like he was seducing my cameraphone.

Actually there was another photo that I wanted to post up. A mini group photo with Liew Sip Chon, Goh Kheng Peow, Rosalind, KC Han and myself. At that time, I gave my cameraphone to Lau Peng Kai but he said my camera was not working. He took a picture with his Canon camera and promised to send the picture to me.

When I receive that picture, I shall let you have it.

2 comments:

kennhyn said...

how can it be free flow, yet everyone face still sober....I would have been super high....cheers

stanleycheong said...

aiyah kennhyn, because God was around mah. Only people who has already resigned can get stoned with the free flow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails