Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Samantha Sim














Samantha Sim Pee Ling is a CanonMalaysian.

The story began a little while back when Marjorie Chang moved back to Kuala Lumpur from Melbourne together with her gweilo husband and 2 daughters.

I understand that Jenkins (hubby) is a big time engineer in the oil and gas industry with jobs currently in Vietnam. As he is gone quite a bit, Marjorie thought KL would be a better place while waiting for him. There are economical and other practical reasons as well. Food, for instance. So they bought a house in Taman Desa besides the lake. That's the same lake that our Smart Tunnel will channel KL's flood water to. Excellent feng sui location.

So, what's my point?

Do I need a point?

So, Marjorie threw a house warming for friends and relatives and I did not go. I mentioned to Jullie Chin that we must at least visit Marjorie in her house as I felt quite bad for not taking up the invite. Jullie completely ignored the house issue and promptly organised a lunch in Desa Hartamas.

Jullie didn't manage to make it as an urgent matter arose.

We took lunch anyway but not in Desa Hartamas as Jullie can't make it. So what has all these got to do with Samantha Sim.

You're right. Marjorie invited Samantha to join us. We had lunch in Goon Wah, an awesome restaurant. Will tell you more on this food joint as just today, I went there again with Andrew Kong.

Although Samantha is a CanonMalaysian, she has never joined Canon Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd. She actually joined Mulpha Trading Sdn Bhd in 1980 and left in 1985. Mulpha then was the distributor for all Canon products in Malaysia. CMMSB was born in 1987.

She was in copiers. She left to join the publication industry and I think she has remained in this industry since. Currently, she is the General Manager, Advertisement/Promotions for a publication company called Talent Plus Sdn Bhd. This company is just about to launch a free Chinese weekly called Red Tomato. Watch out for it.

The office is just behind my office. I took a picture of the signboard to show you.





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I can't remember how many children Samantha has now, but I remembered her telling me she has a teenage daughter in Australia.
.
It seemed that when she started a facebook account and linked up with the daughter, the daughter started to change her entries from English to Chinese knowing that Samantha can't read Chinese.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails