Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Took Andrew Kong to Goon Wah

I repeat.

Sometimes Andrew Kong peeps into my blog to look for food places to go.

Well, he did. Last week I received a text message from him asking "Where's Jalan Sultan?" That was in response to my Jalan Sultan roast pork mee post.

We went for lunch the following day and we did not go to Jalan Sultan as that was a dinner place. So I took him to Goon Wah in old klang road. Andrew deserves the best and this place is currently my top five most favourite places.

Every goddamned dish is good here. Let me count them down for you.

The claypot fishhead meehoon. Reputed to be the best ever in this country. Ask for the thick meehoon. They do not like it if you order the thin ones. Their 'signboard' meehoon is the thick ones. Naturally we ordered this dish.














Next on my list of favourites is the claypot loh shee fun. I almost never failed to have this dish every time I go there. It has a lot of dried shrimps and chopped spring onions. We had this as well.














The third dish we took was the 'woo tau kow york' with rice dumplings. This would be the marbled pork with yam. A hakka dish for sure. The 'man tou' is pre-sliced for you to put in your meat like in a sandwich fashion.














We did not have the next one. But I know quite a bit of people like it. I am so so with it. Chicken wings with sesame seeds, fried.














Unless Andrew Kong was acting really well, I could have sworn he enjoyed this lunch.

He asked. "How come you never mentioned this place before in your blog?" He said before parting that he is going to bring one of his fishhead kaki's here soon. He just didn't mention he would invite me along.

I live quite near this place.







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Except for the last picture, the rest were lifted off from other blogs. Their pictures sure look better than if I have taken them with my Samsung camera phone.

Incidentally, somebody told me today that Samsung put in more multi-function printers last year and any other brand, including Hewlett-Packard and Canon. True?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails