Thursday, May 14, 2009

Soh no More

Last evening I came upon a piece of news that was very sad and a little disturbing.

I came to know this person called Soh. I met him when both of us drink regularly in this pub in Danau Desa.

He died 4 days ago.

Apparently he fell and went into a coma and dies without awakening. I've known him for about 2 years and we talk a bit every time when we bumped into each other. He was a good pool player.

But really, what's outstanding about this man is his ability to do the 'melting rubber band' trick with real style and finesse. Over the last 1.5 years, I have always addressed him as my sifu and I tried to learn to do the trick the way he does. (or did).

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of him. There was no announcement in the papers and I can't seem to find his call card. He was attached to an IT company called Hyper Advance Sdn Bhd.

Right now, I keep seeing his face in my mind's eye. He was 30 something and not married.

Pretty sad.

I've posted up a video clip of the 'melting rubber band' trick some time ago on this blog. If you think I did it quite well, ..... you should have seen my sifu.

May he rest in peace.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP.

stanleycheong said...

Hi Ken, thanks for dropping by.

Went to your site. Enjoy quite a number of your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails