Friday, May 29, 2009

Your Mother is a Cow?

Chit chat, chit chat.

Then somebody told me the reason why Buddhists do not eat beef. She said. "Almost all of us grow up drinking cow's milk. If we eat cows, then it is like eating our mothers".

She continued. "Not I say want ahr? Somebody said like that so I say like that lor".

Subsequently, I looked to the Net for answers. And where else to get answers better than

http://answers.yahoo.com/

Then I got this.

Question: Why buddhist don't take beef? Is there any reason or story behind this? If so..please share your story.?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Practicing Buddhists actually won't eat ANY meat -- it's bad karma to kill other living things. The serious ones won't even drink milk, because it deprives the baby calves of food.You may be thinking of the Hindus, who hold the cow as sacred and higher up on the spiritual ladder than humans.
1 year ago
67% 2 Votes


This answer was submitted by The Reverend Soleil.

Let me enlighten you. Altogether there were 9 answers to that question. 7 got zero votes, 1 got 1 vote and our best answer got 2 votes, hence 67% of the total votes.

Aiyah! What shit nonsense is this. And I thought the Net is an awesome solution provider.

Anybody wants to tell me why Buddhists, especially those praying to the Goddess of Mercy can't take beef?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails